Tuesday 2 October 2012

American Psycho



American Psycho 

So I finally got around to watching this film, I guess I’d put it off because I wasn’t a fan of Psycho/Thriller films, but seeing as it was Christian Bale (my favourite actor currently) I thought I’d give it a go.

A great film, that (like Batman: Dark Knight Returns) holds it’s on only because of Bale’s performance. The general story around the Character seems weak (and I’m told is very watered down compared to the book) but the world around Patrick Bateman (Bale) seems almost fairy-tale like, surreal, a community gone mad with money, power and greed.

Bale pulls off the ‘Psycho’ façade beautifully, from a scene where he describes his (thorough) morning routine, to his deep, self-meaningful talks about music right to the kill, but enough about Bale.

The films structure was a bit odd at times, the way it showed two scenes, one where he’d be in a psychopathic rage and another where he’d be an awkward being, thrown into a strange situation, it took me a while to catch on to what was going on, in fact I think I’ll have to watch it again to truly appreciate the way that is done.

Overall, I’m glad I watched it and glad I kept myself from watching it until now, so that I could fully appreciate this gem of a movie.

Thanks readers.




Also Hi Blogspotters.

No comments:

Post a Comment